Access to the two gates of the Garden is provided by electronic key fob.
The gate on the northern side of the garden offers level access to the garden from the pavement. There are no steps or obstacles on the pathway through the garden. The gates do not at present have an automatic opening mechanism but do close automatically. We are aware wheelchair access is not ideal and a user may need assistance to activate the key fob mechanism and open the gate fully.
HOW TO OBTAIN A KEY FOB
Access to the Garden is regulated by the Kensington Improvement Act 1851 as implemented by the Garden Subcommittee. Two groups of residents of Earls Court Square can obtain access to the garden:
1. Garden Charge-payers, who have a legal right to garden access. These are all owners and long-term tenants who pay the Garden Charge with their Council Tax in the properties fronting the garden enclosure, i.e. the following addresses:
• odd numbers 17-31 and 51-69 Earl’s Court Square
• even numbers 12-26 and 30-52 Earl’s Court Square
• Herbert Court Mansions
• Matière Place (33 & 33A Earl’s Court Square and Flats Number 6, 12, 21, 25 & 31 at 35-37 Earl’s Court Square)
2. Garden Subscribers, Council tax payers living in Earl’s Court Square outside the Garden Charge-paying area at the following addresses may apply to become subscription-paying key fob holders, subject to availability and at the discretion of the Garden Subcommittee acting on the vote of Garden Charge-payers at the AGM:
• odd numbers 1-15 and 45 Earl’s Court Square
• even numbers 2-6 Earl’s Court Square
• Northgate House
• Langham Mansions
• Wetherby Mansions
• Matière Place (except for the flat numbers listed in the point above)
Check above to see if you are eligible for Garden access. Ineligible applications will not be accepted.
No new key fobs are now being issued to Subscribers until further notice but interested residents can be added to a waiting list.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION FORM
Alternatively email email@example.com or write to Garden Secretary, 32 Earl’s Court Square, London SW5 9DQ to request an application form.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
Follow the instructions on the form to complete and submit it, preferably by e-mail for efficient handling.
By submitting the signed form you are confirming that you have read and agree to abide by the garden Byelaws.
OBTAINING THE KEY FOB
Upon acceptance of your completed application, Council Tax Statement, proof of identity and fee, you will receive a key fob.
HOW TO REPLACE A LOST OR DAMAGED KEY FOB
If you lose your key fob, you must obtain another application form, complete it according to the instructions for a lost key fob, and submit it together with a non-refundable key fob replacement fee of £60.00 according to the instructions on the form. (This fee is payable for both Garden Charge-payers and Garden Subscribers and is intended to cover the cost of deactivating the old key fob and obtaining and activating a new key fob). You will be notified when you can collect your replacement key fob.
Non-functioning key fobs will be replaced for a fee of £30.00. The non-functioning key fob must be returned together with the application and fee.